Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My First Fat Spin

So I got my spindle in the mail yesterday! WOO HOO. It's beautiful, the roving is beautiful, and it came quickly. So again, A++++ to Anniemay123 from ebay. She's the one! Oh yeah, and the wool is SOOOO soft! I can't wait to buy more from her. She's got great colors!

Anyway, here is my first spin attempt

Check out that SUPER chunky yarn. No, I wasn't trying to make it look that thick. And no, I do not like it. At all. But I'm proud that I attempted it. And I'll continue to post my progress. I am waiting to hear back from Kim from KnitNSpin Yahoo group. Check us out. We just started this past week, and are only 5 members strong, but I know that we'll grow. There are several other spinning groups on yahoo. But they all had like 1000+ members. It was kim's idea to start a group where we could talk about BOTH Knitting & Spinning without feeling like we were going off topic and bugging people. So even if you don't spin or knit we're a couple of good helpers and will help to answer any questions you might have about either.

Okay, that's all from here, hope everyone is having a great week. Until next time...
Knit some.

Posted by Melanie at 11:47 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Liz posted at 3:45 PM  
    Your first spinning looks pretty good, although top (what you have) is really much harder to spin than roving. Do you have any roving? If you don't, I can send you some from a big bag a friend gave me. It's a good beginner fleece.
    lcdeane@highstream.net

Post a Comment

« Home