Thursday, February 10, 2005

My Very First Post-- February 9th

This is my first attempt at a blog... my fingers are cramped from trying to fix my neighbor's first big knitting boo-boo. Her knitting is beatiful... she has a VERY TIGHT tension which is beatiful, but MY GOD, what a pain to fix! So anyway, my fingers hurt so I'm just sitting here watching American Idol and making my first post.

So, a little bit about me personally. My name is Melanie. I'm 22 years old and live in Southeast Connecticut. I have a 16 month old son named Zander. I'm blessed to be a Stay At Home Mom while my husband (nick) who is in the military (navy) works 10, 12, or 14 hour days. Or now, he's doing a one month shift underwater... oh the joys of being a submariners wife. I will say that I'm lucky... at least I haven't had to be 6 months without him while he's on a deployment. Not yet anyway.

I learned to knit when I was in high school. I made one hat, one scarf and one lap sized afghan. Then I quit. I moved onto boys, driving, and jobs. This December I picked it back up when I saw a scarf that my mom's friend had made. Although being a stay at home mom is hard work and it never stops I make time (from 8-10 or sometimes 11:00 pm) to knit for me. It has really helped relax, destress, and put my time towards something productive besides sitting on the couch like a bump on a log.

Anyway, my current projects are my very first sweater, and a blanket for my son.
I'll post pictures just as soon as I figure out this blogging thing! I hope you'll join me on my adventure from newbie knitter to intermediate knitter.

*Edited: PICTURE OF MY SWEATER...


This is what it will look like (I hope):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/momnmel/sweaterpattern.jpg
Those are my little son's hands "Helping" to hold the book open. Tell me there isn't a thing cuter in the world than little baby hands. Oh shoot, he's a toddler now... not a baby... I'll get the hang of it! ;-)
Goodnight!

Filed: General

Posted by Melanie at 12:13 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home