Thursday, February 24, 2005

Where are my needles???

I have been tossing around the idea of buying a set of denise interchangeable needles. But quite by luck yesterday I found a pair of needles in my box. They were part of the denise set. I have the denise set!!! I had completely forgotten about them. A co-worker had passed 2 sets of interchangeable needles onto me (one of which was the denise's) several years ago when she upgraded to a new set!! Okay, so where are they? I'm trying to rack my brain. We live in a very tiny military housing unit and so storage is not something we're blessed with. You learn to stick things in every little crook and nanny. So, I'm still racking my frazzled brain. AH HA. The bookshelf. I had put them in the bookshelf. I run back to my room... no where to be found. So I think back some more-- the bookshelf was in the family room before we moved it to the bedroom. I run into Zander's room and at the top of his shelf there is a blue rubbermaid container filled with books. Keep in mind that it's 11pm and I'm trying to do this right under Zander's nose. I'm quietly and painsakingly trying to pull each book out of the box. Suddenly the box is empty, and there are no needles at the bottom! :-(
So guess what I do? I think some more. "Oh wait," me thinks, "I pulled 2 boxes worth of books off that shelf before moving it to the bedroom." So now I'm trying frantically to search any/all boxes to find the needles. I didn't need them that badly until I KNEW that I had them. So now I'm running around the house like a chicken with my head cut off. I could be knitting but instead I'm on this DESPERATE LIFE ALTERING QUEST TO RESCUE MY KNITTING NEEDLES FROM THEIR OXYGENLESS HELL!!!

Ha ha. So... have you seen my needles?

Posted by Melanie at 10:04 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Jen:) posted at 8:20 PM  
    I'm sorry I havent seen your needles, I'll keep my eyes open though. I think motherhood really makes that desperate search all the more headless chicken like. All you need to do is lose something else, a little more important helps, and totally unrelated, and then maybe you'll come across them ;)

Post a Comment

« Home