Thursday, March 10, 2005

Cables & Clappy

Okay, so I joined the Knit Red Knit Along today. Check out the button on the right hand side if you want to join or learn more. It's a new knit along to raise awareness of Heart Disease. There is no restriction to what you can knit-- only that it's red. I've decided to knit my mom (whose favorite color is red) Clapotis

I think I will do it in Caron Simply soft. Although it's probably not the most luxurious yarn for something that is wrapped around your neck and draped over your shoulders it IS a soft inexpensive yarn. And since you need LOTS of this yarn to complete the project I think it will be the best bet.

Here is an update on Mark's Irish Hiking Scarf:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sorry about the washed out look, but I wanted to show a closeup of the cables.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This scarf is great and I think Mark will really enjoy it, but I'm looking forward to adding something else to the needles... as I feel like this could get pretty boring pretty quickly.

Of course I do have mariah (totally frustrated with it right now and I'm only 2" into the first sleeve) & my V-neck sweater (don't feel like ripping out my sleeve that is 2" too short!) that I could be working on. BLAH!

Here are my stitch markers. These little B***ARDS are a pain in the butt to photograph. I'll get a scan of them later... that will probably turn out better. But for now:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So, that's all for tonight... don't forget to check out the Knit Red Knitalong group!
Until next time, knit some!

Posted by Melanie at 10:13 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Kitt posted at 9:42 PM  
    Heya Melanie!
    Your cables are gorgeous! You sure can knit, girl!
    Your stitch markers came out great! How long of a head pin did you use?
    Looking forward to seeing more!
    Hugs,
    Kitt
  2. Blogger KnitNana posted at 8:17 PM  
    Kitt's not kidding - wondrous cables and I'm green! So glad to have you on the Knit Red Knit Along! Your mom will love that clapotis! (Did you join the Clapotis Knit along, too? ((Mels))
  3. Blogger Lisa posted at 6:52 AM  
    Hi, I'm so glad to find your blog. We knitting Bush supporters are few and far between! We need to stick together. I've been hesistant to mention my political leanings on my blog for fear of offending. Oh, and please keep us updated on Clapotis - I just started one yesterday.

Post a Comment

« Home