Friday, April 08, 2005

More Progress

on my felted bag and clapotis.

I just finished the 11th repeate of my straight section. Only two more rows of dropped stitches before I move to the decrease section. I am anxious to get it done & blocked so that I can take it to Kentucky with me to show my mom and aunt.
I should be receiving Christine's yarn next week sometime to start her clappy so I want to have this one off the needles. If I do a 3rd clappy I know that I'll do it wider to make it more "full sized" shawl like and with a varigated yarn.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sorry, for the lousy pictures. I rarely get a moment to photograph something in natural light. The little guy would be "helping" if I tried.

So, onto my felted bag:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And here is a picture with Zander's car for size reference.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Unfortunately I think it needs to be twice as tall as it is now. I just don't know that I'll be able to get all that done by next weekend, but how I want to be able to felt it and carry it around. :-)

That's all the progress I have for tonight. I'm sure many of you are in Knitting-Chicks with me, but for those that aren't, Dan has a request. We're looking for a knit "wife-beater" (for a lack of a better, more PC word.)

I honestly think that any tank top pattern for a woman would do... it should be easy enough to alter the pattern a bit. Dan did find this pattern: Shapely Tank Top but said he'd prefer his shoulders to be a little thinner-- and of course he doesn't want purple. LOL. Anyone have any ideas? Guidance? Patterns? Thanks for any help in this. If I can make him happy he'll stop compaining to me. (just kidding, Dan.)

Until Next Time,
Knit some.

Posted by Melanie at 9:07 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Dan posted at 7:27 AM  
    Hey! Thanks for spreading the word! But I don't want everyone to think I'm JUST looking for a wife-beater...any men's warm-weather clothing would be much appreciated!
  2. Blogger Pioggia posted at 5:38 PM  
    A third clapotis? My, you're motivated. I admit it is a good pattern, and yours is coming out beautiful. As for a tank pattern:
    http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/highland.htm

    How's this for Dan?
  3. Blogger SheKnits posted at 10:52 PM  
    Your booga bag is coming along nicely. Looks great! Can't wait to see a finished product!

    Christine

Post a Comment

« Home