Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Just a Ride

"It's just a ride, it's just a ride
No need to run, no need to hide
It'll take you round and round
Sometimes you're up
Sometimes you're down
It's just a ride, it's just a ride
Don't be scared
Don't hide your eyes
It may feel so real inside
But don't forget it's just a ride"
--Jem, Just a Ride

So, the final check from insurance is coming today... I drove my car last night. I'll pick it up this evening or tomorrow morning. So the most stressful thing in my life right now is having to deal with the DMV later this week. AHHHH, life is good. It's just a ride.

Knitting:
Ms. Alice Red,
Thanks for the notebook (again). I've found the perfect use for it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am keeping track of how much time I'm spending on each project. I love reading other's blogs when they sum up a project, "took 20 hours to knit." How in the world do they know?? AHHA. Got it.

Here is an update on the Lace Stole for the MysteryStoleAlong.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I'm about half-way through clue 2. I see something funny going on, but since I have no lifelines I will continue on. I'm anxious to get into it... and get it done, and block it. I'm hoping it really all comes together once blocked.

And the green shawl has met it's lace edging. I'm only 4 rows into that pattern, so it doesn't look like much yet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I am having trouble purling consistently and smoothly continental style. It will take a while to get used to, but I'm finding that I'm dreading the purl (WS) rows. The rest of it is fun. I ordered a Cro-Knit so hopefully that will be useful.
That's all from here... you know the drill...
Knit some...

P.S. I'm changing the look of my blog... will add my rings and links, etc, later.

Posted by Melanie at 9:06 AM

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous Sharon posted at 5:03 PM  
    I have finally gotten the art of continental knitting down pat, but purling continues to elude me. I just revert to the right hand for the purl rows. Sigh. I hear you loud and clear.

Post a Comment

« Home