Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Socks, Ipod cozies, and holidays

You Are 85% American
You're as American as red meat and shooting ranges.
Tough and independent, you think big.
You love everything about the US, wrong or right.
And anyone who criticizes your home better not do it in front of you!

How American Are You?




Well, this weekend was a milestone for me in my "new" life. For those that don't know: Nick and I have seperated. It was the hardest decision of my life. He didn't take it well. I was supposed to see him in Georgia this past weekend, but (obviously) refused to go. I told him he could come see Zander. So he did. I drove down to his mom's in Lexington Kentucky. I thought I was having a panic attack on the way down there saturday morning. It became excruciatingly hard to breathe, it felt like my chest was tightening up. I had no idea how I was going to look at Nick. I was scared out of my mind. So I didn't make eye contact. Not for a while. But to make a long story short the weekend turned out okay. Him and I talked. And although we're still not "together" I have faith/hope that he will get the help he needs. And I will be there to help/support/etc him if he does.

Well, I kept working on my mom's sock this weekend... got the heel flap done, turned the heel, and finished the gusset, now I'm almost to the toes. WOO HOO.

I also made an ipod cozy for Nick's Ipod. Out of cammy sock yarn (bernat). But I didn't have my digital with me, so no picture. I even made a hole for the screen. That was trickier than I thought. I ended up having to make the top two pieces. But it ended up pretty good for a 1/2 day project and a tiny bit of yarn.

Kathy asked about my Big Bad Baby Blanket in my last post... I really need to get hopping on it. It's for charity... no one can enjoy it if I'm not knitting it! I need to get moving on it. Last I checked it was about 10" long. Not good. So, yeah, thanks for the guilty feelings Kathy! ;-)

Well, pictures to come tomorrow maybe! Until Next time, Knit some.

Posted by Melanie at 6:59 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home