Thursday, August 18, 2005

Home or Home?

On a personal note I just got back from Connecticut last night. It was nice to be in my own home, with my own bed, and my own things. Aside from the fact that the first night I was there I couldn't remember where certain cooking utensils were it was good to be home. I will miss that place if I don't end up moving back there.

On a knitting note, I finished Kari's Baby's Blanket.
[picture here]
There is no picture because I didn't have my digital camera when I finished it and I wanted to go ahead and gift it to Kari while I was in that part of the country. She'll be e-mailing the pictures shortly.

Details on this project:
Date Started: Monday July 18th, 2005
Date Completed:
Hours of Knitting Time: 13.0 hours. (My first completed project where I faithfully timed my knitting. I love that!)
Pattern: http://leisurearts.com/crafts_needlework/item_detail.asp?item_num=2687&search=1
Needles: Size 8. I started with bamboo circulars... but went through two pairs thanks to my mom's dog Zoey and my forgetfulness. I completed it on Aluminum size 8's.
Lesson Learned: Plugging along and getting the blanket done was a huge sense of accomplishment. I worked on nothing else while doing it and it paid off. I'm so happy with the finished project and so is Kari.
Would I knit this again?: Absolutely. The finished project was well worth the "Oh my god, I'm so bored" moments.

On other knitting news. I have the remaining yarn for Mark's Irish Hiking scarf... I hope to finish that soon. And I cast on for Michelle's Socks. I have one sock done to the heel turn and the other sock I'm still on the leg. I haven't touched Zander's sweater... I have a VERY strong feeling that I will not meet that august goal. I hate that sweater!!!

I will post pictures as soon as I find the culprit who stole my digital camera card.
Until next time, knit some.

Posted by Melanie at 12:38 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home