Friday, November 18, 2005

Life Without....

Life without a job left me more time to knit... Life without a child would leave me TONS of time (and energy) to knit. Zander is sick again. This is the 3rd "incidence" of unhealthiness since he has started daycare. (That was only a month ago.) I'm beginning to get angry but I'm not sure whom I'm angry at. If Zander doesn't go to school I still have to pay as if he is going every single day. If I don't go to work I don't get paid. If I take him to the doctor I have to pay for it, and if I'm at the doctor it generally means I'm not working and zander's not in school... It is SOOOO expensive for him to be sick. I feel like I'm trying so hard to get ahead and make a better life for Zander and I, but yet I can't even keep my head above water. It is extremely frustrating and has been making me want to throw in the towel.... but then I got this in the mail and all was well:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thanks soooo much Christine! They were well worth the wait!

Those are size 8's.. Which were immediately taken from the package after the photographing of that picture and inserted into my shrug. I have no picture of this shrug as I am not settling for the crappy one I took yesterday. I may just wait until it's done to show any pictures at all. Okay, well, maybe here is a little bit of it:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And finally, here is the yarn I will be using in my block of the month blanket....manos del Uruguay. (I totally butchered the spelling of that.)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay, yeah, my entries suck lately... I promise to make them a little more amusing... I just need to find my groove with this whole working thing... Is there something wrong with the fact that I leave the house when it's dark and don't come home until it's dark? Is there something wrong that I'm looking at the clock at 8:15 pm thinking, "okay it's time for bed?"
I need to get a life!

Posted by Melanie at 8:04 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger SheKnits posted at 8:44 PM  
    Mel,

    Glad you like the needles. I knew you would though. I love my clappy.. I got four compliments on it today. I need to get outta my rut and start my own. I have the yarn for it.

    Oh... and I just "felted" with my Manos Del Uruguay... and it umm.. the colors dull. So... I would suggest NOT felting with it. I do love your colors though!

    Cant wait to see the shrug!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:06 AM  
    I was in the same position that you are 17 years ago. My husband and I divorced before my son turned 2. It was hard and the first few months of daycare, preschool they will get sick a lot and then my son built up some immunity. When he went to elementary school he hardly missed a day!

    Being a single mom is hard but the rewards are great. My son and I are very close, he has turned out to be a very responsible young man.

    I wish you all the best and admire you for taking charge, that in itself will make you feel better.
  3. Blogger Kathy posted at 7:35 PM  
    "Is there something wrong with the fact that I leave the house when it's dark and don't come home until it's dark?"

    I know the feeling: that's my life, too!

    "Is there something wrong that I'm looking at the clock at 8:15 pm thinking, "okay it's time for bed?""

    Nope. Last night (Friday night), I was in bed at 8:45. I slept until 7am, this morning and feel like a million bucks!

    " It is extremely frustrating and has been making me want to throw in the towel"

    I feel that way somedays and I'm not a single mom. My hat is off to you. Yes, you're on a hard road. But that doesn't mean you won't come out shining in the end and it doesn't mean you need to be miserable. Find joy in the simple things. :)

Post a Comment

« Home