Monday, November 07, 2005

Long Arm Quilting

I know this is a knitting blog. But I also know that many knitters are also other "crafters." So for those knitters that are also quilters check out this baby!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Hinterberg Voyager 17. Mom got it on Friday. It took two coats (and two days) of stain, and then hours upon hours of assembly. This picture was taken last night before Desperate Housewives... the "horns" of the machine, the light, stylus, etc, had not been added yet. They were this morning when I got up at 6am. I'll get a picture later. Not bad, eh?

Anyway, among personal news... I think I may have a "REAL (not working with mother and father) job. I'll know for sure in the next day or two. It's at a Realtor's. Doing bankrupcy stuff. Great training for the legal field.
Cross your fingers for me.

That's all. Happy Monday.

Posted by Melanie at 5:44 PM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Kris posted at 7:57 PM  
    Good luck with the job!

    I've still not successfully pieced a quilt in it's entirety, but you can believe I'll be jealous of the long arm quilter when I do. :)
  2. Blogger Antonio Hicks posted at 2:40 AM  
    I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.
  3. Blogger Carmell posted at 11:31 AM  
    just passin through...wanted to say i was happy your mom got her a long arm...my mom has been chewin my ear off about one for months. i am so sick of hearing about it...makes me think she wants me to buy it... not in the buget..and if i did i would keep it ;). she even wants ME to drive HER to Branson to look at them... why do i have to go!!!
  4. Blogger quiltyknitwit posted at 11:04 PM  
    Your mom must be a serious quilter. I can't imagine having such a huge machine in my house. I do all my machine quilting on my Viking. Some time you might post a pic of a finished quilt.

Post a Comment

« Home