Monday, November 28, 2005

Reminiscing

All these knitter's blogs say the same things today... "Back to work." Everyone is nagging about going back to work after a long weekend... I LOVE IT. For once, I'm more optimistic than everyone else. I felt so refreshed when I woke up this morning. Normally my alarm goes off at 4:15 am, and I turn it off. I get a SECOND alarm that jolts me out of bed at 4:30. This morning when I woke up at 4:15 I turned off both alarms. Granted I didn't get right out of bed. Instead I gathered thoughts and mentally prepared myself for the day.

Granted, I had a crappy "divorce" day, but really. I felt rather rested and ready to go back to work. Weird I know.

I have had a hard time keeping my eyes open past 8pm every night, but the last few nights have been great. I think I'm finally getting hang of this working 9 hours and coming home to deal with "household" stuff thing. This is "normal" life and I'm really quite happy with my adjustment thus far.

Okay, so yeah, maybe it's still the pumpkin pie talking... Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday I'll be back to my grumpy, mostly negative side. But I hope not.

Anyway, Nick had requested a few pictures of Zander today, so tonight I sat down and composed an e-mail from Zander to his family, complete with pictures. I am posting this a lot for me, so it's on file and I can look back and see where he was in his life November 2005. But I do know that a lot of you genuinely care about my little rugrat and what he's up to so here goes:

Zander's First E-mail:
"Dear Daddy, Great Grandma Huddle, Grandma Linda, Grandma Sherrie, Uncle Craig, Aunt Erin, Aunt Leslie & Uncle Dick, Cousins Connie & Ryan, Tracy, Marilyn, Claira, and Ava:

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I sure did. I got to sit at the "adult" table on a big boy chair and eat whatever I wanted. I especially favored Aunt Leslie's yummy stuffing. After dinner she made Mississippi Mud Cake and I got to lick the beater. I also got a full sippy cup of coke even though Grandma Donna said I wasn't allowed to have it. I love when I get yummy treats like that! It sure did make me bounce off the walls.
You can see my yummy beater licking extravaganza with these pictures:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also got to get in the holiday spirit this weekend when Mommy took me to see the trains at Devou Park. In the picture I am controling my very own train... it drove away from me and back towards me. I thought that was really cool.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I could also make the train whistles blow by pushing the big red button as seen in picture:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


There was also a brio train room which I LOVED.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

As for those of you who don't get to see me very often I am getting much bigger. I grow a little bit more and more everyday. At least that's what my mommy says. She also says I hurt her back alot. :-) I am also starting to talk a little more each and every day. I now say the following words, "hi, bye bye, dada, woof woof, moo, tweet tweet, buzz buzz, choo choo, honk honk, meow, thank you" and my newest two words: "Juice and ball." Every day my mommy works with me on making "M" sounds which I still have a hard time with. I'm getting closer to saying "mama and more." But right now they come out as "Ba ba and BAAAA." But mom thinks this is better than saying dada for EVERYTHING! ;-)

I am going to "School" 5 days a week now, for about 10 hours a day. My mom wakes me up at 545 and we have to leave the house by 615, and I am really good about it even though that is really early in the morning!!! I am a very good boy there, and according to teacher Sara, the reason my mommy can never find me when she comes to get me is because I am such a well behaved boy that all the teachers fight over who gets to take me for afternoon activities. That makes my mommy proud. The teachers also say that I really "go with the flow." which makes mommy happy that she has finally found a trait we share. Well, that and our expensive tastes in shoes! ;-)

But it's not ALL peaches & cream... I am DEFINITLY a 2 year old, and have several temper tantrums every night after school. Grandma Donna and mommy think it is due to the fact that I hold my feelings in all day at school, and they think I have the urge to release them at home. Sometimes it makes mommy really grouchy when I scream, and some days she is able to just let it roll off her shoulders and chalk it up to the terrible twos. I do better if my evenings are very organized, scheduled, and regimented. Sometimes this is possible, but if laundry, errands, or other things need to be done I get frustrated if attention isn't given ALL to me.

My favorite toys these days are anything with wheels, (my hotwheels and my thomas the trains), my little people, little touch leap pad, and books. I will now sit through most books, but my favorites are definitly "hands hands fingers thumb," "Mister Brown can moo," And "Stop Train Stop." Thank you Ryan for passing along Stop Train Stop, it is my favorite book right now... and much to mommy's dismay she usually reads it AT LEAST 5 times a day. And when we're only together about 5 hours a day, she thinks that's an awful lot of times!

Mommy keeps trying to teach me who santa clause is but I'm just not sure I get it. Like Dr. Phil says, "you either get it or you don't." And I just don't get it. But I'm sure I'll GET IT on Christmas morning when I see all those presents under my christmas tree.

I got to help grandma Donna and grandpa Jim set up the christmas tree yesterday which was a lot of fun (for me.) Finally after many times of touching the ornaments I wasn't supposed to I got put on the bad boy chair for a few minutes. I really don't like that chair, but it really does make me shape up. Every time I sit on it I have to stay there until Mommy comes back and gets me. Sometimes it's a LONG time. Before I'm allowed to get off the chair I have to tell mommy that I'll be a good boy, and give her a hug and kiss. I am usually good for about a half an hour after that.

Well, I think that's all the news from me now. I'm glad I was able to take this time to catch everyone up, but as for now... I have to go back to chasing Zoey, and mommy has to chase me and tell me no.

I love & miss everyone and can't wait to see you all!
Zander"



Oh yeah, and in knitting news... I've started and am halfway done with Tracy's multi-dementional scarf. I will try to do 2 more repeats tomorrow, and on thursday I'll try to do the final "real" triangle and then the ending "right angle triangle" so that I can have a blocking party this weekend. Pics (of knitting) to come.

Posted by Melanie at 9:16 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Kathy posted at 11:49 PM  
    What a cool post! Have you thought about doing these kinds of posts on a regular basis? Kind of like keeping a diary of Zander's childhood?

    I'm glad you're doing better. I can 'hear' in the tone of your writing that you're happy these days. :)
  2. Blogger Pioggia posted at 6:48 PM  
    So sweet! I agree with Kathy, you should do this regularly.
  3. Anonymous Cara posted at 7:35 PM  
    My nephew is just like that - he's such a good listener and EVERYONE loves him at school - but once he comes home he's crazy. We've always said it was because he was working so hard all day and when he came home he needed to let loose and we are SAFE for him. Although all this reasoning doesn't make his craziness any easier. By the way, he's about to turn five and it hasn't gotten much better. Maybe worse. Just something to look forward to.... ;-)

    Zander is a sweetie pie - love those trains! Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

« Home