Saturday, November 05, 2005

Wild Hair Removed

The Wild Hair has been removed from my Arse (which is more poliet than the American word I'd like to use.)

We are back to the regularly scheduled blog, and I promise I won't "move" again until I first try another blog out, learn how to use it, and am assured that I really like it. SORRY.

Anyway, so since I don't have a digital camera (the battery is dead and I -- AGAIN-- can't find the charger) I'm going to do a meme I found on Beccary's blog.

Layer One: On the Outside
Name: Melanie
Nicknames: Mel
Birthday: May 26, 1982
Birthplace: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Eye colour: Blue
Hair colour: Dark brown
Height: 5′4″
Righty or lefty: Righty
Religion: None
Sex: Female last time I checked.

Layer Two: In the Inside
Your heritage: German. And, oh yeah, German.
Who do you look like: From my family? Mom. Celebrity? I've heard reese witherspoon and even Sally Fields, but I really don't see that one.
Your weakness: Chocolate
Your fears: small confined spaces
Your perfect pizza: Lots of Pepperoni
Goal you’d like to achieve: Finish College & provide a good home for Z.

Layer Three: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow
Your most over-used phrase: "Enough." I feel like now that Z is two I say it all the time. :0(
Your thoughts first waking up: "Please not yet."
Your best physical feature: Eyes
Your bedtime: 10pm
Your most missed memory: Playing at Grandma "mow-wow's"

Layer Four: Your Pick
Pepsi or Coke: Diet Pepsi
McDonalds or Burger King: McDonalds. Is Wendy's an option?
Single or Group Dates: Single
Adidas or Nike: Adidas Is New Balance an option?
Chocolate or Vanilla: CHOCOLATE!
Cappuccino or Coffee: Coffee

Layer Five: Do You?
Smoke: nope.
Curse: I lived with a sailor for 2.5 years. yes. Too much.
Sing: I try. But I suck. My sister? Yes, she can sing!
Think you’ve been in love: Yeah.
Want to get married: No. I'm so over that whole idea!
Believe in yourself: It's been hard, but I think I am beginning to again.
Motion sickness: nope, not often.
Think you’re attractive: Sometimes
Think you’re a health freak: nope.
Get along with your parents: Considering I live with them at the age of 23 after being away for several years. Yes. I get along with them VERY well. :-) I'm lucky.
Like thunderstorms: I used too, but my dog, Roxy, sits on my lap and SHAKES during storms now... so they're not very enjoyable anymore.
Play an instrument: Piano. Since I was in the 1st grade.

Layer Six: Have You Ever
Smoked: Yes
Done a drug: Yes
Gone to the mall: Ha ha ha, yeah. That was THE THING to do in Jr. High.
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: Not in one sitting.
Eaten sushi: Yep
Been on stage: sure. But it's been a LONG time.
Gone skating: I used to figure skate... I also loved to rollerblade.
Gone skinny dipping: No
Stolen anything: Yes
Played a game that required removal of clothing: No, I was never able to get into that whole group "corny" sexual stuff.
Been caught ‘doing something’: ugh, yes, but I'd rather not go there!
Been called a tease: I don't think so?
Gotten beat up: no.
Shoplifted: Yes

Layer Seven: Getting Older
Age you hope to be married: Never Again?
Number and names of children: You all know this!!!
Describe your dream wedding: ENOUGH WITH THE WEDDINGS!
How do you want to die: Peacefully in my sleep at an age where I'm still able to go to the bathroom, feed myself, and know who I am when I look in the mirror.
What do you want to be when you grow up: An accomplished woman and mother.
What country would you most like to visit: Ireland

Layer Eight: In a Partner
Best eye colour: Blue
Best hair color: don't care.
Short or long hair: Short
Height: As long as he's tall enough for me to wear 2" heels.
Best articles of clothing: I don't know... he's a male... he should wear male clothes.

Layer Nine: In the Numbers
Number of drugs taken illegally: One
Number of CDs that you own: gosh, not many... most have been thrown out due to old age since downloading came about.
Number of piercings: 2, one in each ear. I did have the tongue and belly button at one point.
Number of tattoos: None
Number of times your name has appeared in the newspaper: Once. I wrote an editorial shunning the media after a tornado went through my town while I was in high school.

I want to tag some people. This was fun. I'll tag: Kara and of COURSE: Kathy

P.S. I'll get my posts moved back over and get everyone's links back up shortly... how do you like the new template? That should hold me over for a little while.

Posted by Melanie at 7:29 PM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Jen:) posted at 8:59 PM  
    I LOVE your new template!!! Very nice...and peaceful. It seems to me that anyone who doesnt pay "a lot" for their blogs all have "problems"...I really havent been burned too bad by blogger, I rather like it :) Hope things even out for you soon.
  2. Blogger Kathy posted at 12:36 AM  
    Oh my gosh! I LOVE your new template! I am in awe of your html skill! Will you shoot me an email and tell me how you did it? I've been wanting to vamp up my blog for awhile now.

    Thanks for the tag. :) I'll get to it tonight or tomorrow.
  3. Blogger Kathy posted at 12:36 AM  
    Ugh. Forgot to ask: Why did you hate typepad?
  4. Anonymous Kris posted at 2:03 AM  
    You should add a "subscribe with bloglines" button so we can keep up with you. :P
  5. Blogger SheKnits posted at 1:33 PM  
    (Your blog looks great! Love the template!)

    SNOWBALL FIGHT!

    SPLAT!

    You gotta have three splats to make a snowman. Start throwing snowballs at other YY members (on their blogs) and lets get this snowball fight going! (Rule: Only one Splat per person, per day!)

    muwhahahaha
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:40 PM  
    blog free submitter

Post a Comment

« Home