Monday, December 05, 2005

Why I Knit For Others

I was sitting on the couch last night (knitting, of course) and was just minding my own business, mom came out from her room and put her feet up on the table. I saw this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Those are my 2nd pair of socks... my mom wears them all the time. And everytime she does, I smile. It made me suddenly glad that I had bored myself for much of the morning finishing this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dad's first sock. I've never had anyone REQUEST for me to knit them something. Except for my dad. He wants these socks. He will have these socks. He will have them on Christmas Morning. :-)

Look what else is done:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bad lighting in that picture. He's a better picture. A close up:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I will be happy to see Tracy in this scarf. By the way... thank you all SOOO much for your opinions on the scarf for my aunt peggy. Unfortuantely NONE of them worked. This yarn was just too fuzzy. But I really didn't want to do stockinette or garter. So I'll show you what I came up with....
.... Next time.

Posted by Melanie at 6:28 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Pioggia posted at 8:27 PM  
    Isn't winter just great for sock knitting? Keep going! I hope you solve the scarf problem.
  2. Blogger Susan posted at 10:01 AM  
    This scarf is AMAZING! Is the pattern a free one or in a book somewhere? I have a couple sister-in-laws that would LOVE it! :) Great job and I'm adding your blog to my Favorites!

Post a Comment

« Home