Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day 1 -- Knitting Olympics

Well, I cast on for my socks last night at 9:45, and knit until lights out at 10pm. At 8:30 tonight this is what I have.


Image hosting by Photobucket

I tried to start at the same place on both skeins but the difference in the two is actually terrifying. But seeing as they are socks I'll continue on. I cast on with the socks on the right last night, and worked on them for quite a while today. I then when to Knit On to pick up some addis I had ordered. I ended up getting talked into (quite easily) learning the magic loop method. The shop owner asked if I was participating in the Knitting Olympics. It still amazes me how huge the internet knitting community is. Anyway, I told her I was, and that I was doing a pair of socks. she asked if I had tried the magic loop method... nuff said... I walked out with a 40" size 2 addi and the magic loop book published by fiber trends. Good stuff. I also walked out with two 24" addis-- size 7 and 9. Oh yeah, and 6 skeins of cascade 220 in grey. I don't want to talk about that. ;o)

So anyway, you can see that I am not doing the cable and rib socks as originially planned. I couldn't get gauge. So I just cast on with a simple 2x1 rib. It's still a challenge... especially if the sock that is being knit with the magic loops continues to unimpress me with it's striping. We'll see.

I hope to be able to update daily with at least a picture... we'll also see how that goes.

Posted by Melanie at 8:22 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Ruinwen posted at 10:06 PM  
    You are a fast knitter! Your socks look great!

    Ruinwen
    :)
  2. Anonymous Leah posted at 3:23 PM  
    Don't give up on the Cable and Rib socks yet! They are a super fun and fast knit.

    If you get a chance, pick up some of the Mountain Colors Bearfoot the pattern calls for. Wonderful, wonderful stuff to knit, and gauge shouldn't be a problem.

    Not that the ones you are knitting now don't look great, cause they do!

    And, you must try two socks on two circs. Even better than magic loop, IMHO!

Post a Comment

« Home