Saturday, February 04, 2006

February Goals

May I just take a moment to say I TOTALLY bombed January.

January Goals:

1. Finish Pismo Hat. NOT DONE
2. Complete River Lace Stole. NOT DONE
3. Finish January's Block Of The Month. NOT DONE. I've actually lost my december block, start of january's block and yarn. GREAT!
4. Cast on for the right front or sleeves of the Classic Cardigan. Remember that? DONE. I did cast on for the sleeves... I am about half way done with them.
5. Do a swatch for the Rowanspun yarn. DONE.

I, much like Kris, had an insane work month this month and really had to cut back on the knitting. There have been many days where I (unfortunately) have not knit a stitch. I am looking forward to getting back into some sort of routine and knitting every day, even if it's only for 15-20 minutes. Some progress is better than no progress.

February Goals:
1. Finish Scott's Scarf before February 10th. He tried it on yesterday at work, I had 10 more inches to knit... I'm hoping to maybe get it done this weekend.
2. Pick a project and swatch before the knitting olympics begin.
3. Knit & complete the winter olympics project.
4. Complete the sleeves for the Classic Cardigan.

I have so much yarn ready for big projects (like sweaters) that I really need to get one complete before I start any other big projects. So once I complete the classic cardigan things should get a little more interesting.

I've decided to also not do the twisty turns for the olympics as I'd have to alter that pattern as well. I'm still really leaning towards the Vest in Knit Picks Sierra. I have the book by Ann Budd: The knitter's handy book of sweater patterns, and don't think it would be too hard to modify the set in sleeves sweater to become a fitted vest. If this is the case I need to knit the front and back in 7 days each, which leaves me two days of seaming/finishing/error correcting. I see miles of stockinette in my near future.

Also to come in just a few short days.... My One Year Blog Anniversary. EXCITING!!!

Posted by Melanie at 1:29 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Kathy posted at 11:36 PM  
    Happy Blogiversay! My own one year blog anniversary is in a few days, too!

Post a Comment

« Home