Monday, February 20, 2006

Socks and Socks and Fair Isle Socks

So I casted on for the brown socks, got about 2cm done and realized that yarn (Regia 4ply) should be knit on size US 0. Not the US1 I was using. So I took that as a sign that I needed to put the in progress Lorna's Laces socks on the circular and finish those.

No pictures, because this morning I noticed a hold right on the bottom of the heel. No idea how it got there and no, I don't want to talk about it. So I ripped out my entire days work from yesterday and began again at the heel turn.

I'm working on a gauge swatch for my cascade 220 cardigan. I think I'll just make it a simple ribbed/stockinette sweater, no shaping or anything fantastic. It will be a raglan which is very flattering on my shape so we'll let that be the draw. :o)

Finally, fair isle socks.

I bought a few balls of 2 colors of sock yarn that are discontinued at my LYS this weekend (I don't remember the name of the yarn) but anyway, I got 2 colors and figured that would be a great dive into fair isle knitting in the round. Now I need a pattern. Can someone suggest a good 2 color fair isle pattern for socks. I could probably go back and get a 3rd color if need be.
Help, anyone?

Posted by Melanie at 9:15 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home