Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My Childless Week

There was actually not much knitting done during my childless week last week. I did however do too much drinking, and a stayed out a little too late every night. But it was nice. To not have to find a babysitter or inconvience a family member is such a good feeling that I was truly able to relax and have fun with my friends.

The exchange of Zander from Mommy to Daddy went better than I could have imagined. Zander was excited to see his father (although painfully shy) and the excitement Nick portrayed almost put me in tears. Okay, I did tear up-- I had to walk away for a minute and fiddle with zander's suitcases until I could collect myself.

Nick was great about calling and telling me what Zander had been up to, how he was sleeping, etc. Zander was having so much fun that he didn't even want to be bothered with talking to me on the phone until Thursday.

As we all know, friday was St. Patty's Day. My sister and our friends lived it up at Jack Quinn's Irish Pub in Covington, Kentucky. What a good time!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Um, yeah, that's water in my cup. You got it!

Image hosting by Photobucket
I wonder if we realized we were holding our drinks up like that. Dorks.

Image hosting by Photobucket
That's me, Chris, my sister (Erin), and her boyfriend Sean.-- Our friend Chris played the bagpipes at the pub. He was amazing. And his shirt won first prize in my book: "I'm the Irishman your mother warned you about."



Then, as far as knitting. I cast off my river lace stole. No, I didn't finish it. I grew bored of it. It was a lace project. I felt semi- successful at it. The reason I say semi is because I found several mistakes while stretching it out and admiring it this week that I decided. "Okay, lesson learned." And cast off. I will block it and then maybe put it in a picture frame to display in my apartment. (Come on apartment... we need an apartment.)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

I made very little progress of my sweater. The first sleeve is underway still. I'm not even an inch into it. I hate 2x2 ribbing on DPNs, so as soon as I get past that part it will hopefully be smooth sailing.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Finally, after casting off the lace "stole" I cast back on for the home sweet home memories shawl from Knitpicks. With sock weight yarn and size 5 needles this project should be a little easier to detect mistakes while still giving me practice with lace techniques.

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's all from here.

Posted by Melanie at 9:12 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger SheKnits posted at 7:59 PM  
    You look like you had a great time! I'm glad to hear you had a fun time and that your ex managed to do the right thing and call.

    Hopefully your apartment isnt too far off!
  2. Blogger Lina posted at 2:07 AM  
    I posted a comment yesterday but it didn't show up :(

    It's great to hear (and see!) you having fun! I'm glad that everything went well with Zander being away for the week.

    And the knitting looks great, too!
  3. Blogger Ruinwen posted at 5:23 AM  
    I was happy that you got out and about and had some fun. I'm glad your ex stepped up to the plate too.

    Even if you got bored with the shawl; it still looked great. I love the colors of your new one too!

    Ruinwen
    :)
  4. Blogger Pioggia posted at 1:31 PM  
    Glad you had a good time! Lace is too frustrating for me, I really admire your for casting on another lace project right after the first one.
  5. Anonymous Judy Boddy posted at 2:13 PM  
    Hi , have been looking for the pattern for the Home Sweet Home Shawl pattern with no luck, where should i look ? Thanks , Judy from Alaska

Post a Comment

« Home