Monday, September 11, 2006

As the Heel Turns

Okay, so that's corney... I'm reaching with the creativity tonight.

But the heel has been turned. A Finished Object might be in my near future.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

yay. When I was at my mom's house today I forgot to pick up my grey cardigan. Maybe I'll swing by there on my way home from work tomorrow and pick it up because I'm really looking forward to getting back on that and getting it ready for fall wearing.

On the September 11th note-- am I the only one that doesn't want to watch this stuff on TV today? I guess it sounds inconsiderate, or maybe it's just that I'm in that generation. I remember CLEARLY every moment of my day on September 11, 2001. It's all very fresh. I don't need hyped up news casts (or movies) to remind me. Am I the only one that feels this way? Am I a bitch?

Posted by Melanie at 9:04 PM

6 Comments

  1. Anonymous Kathy posted at 10:30 PM  
    I like the socks!

    I feel the same way about 9/11. I've avoided watching TV all day and haven't listened to the radio either.
  2. Anonymous Kris posted at 7:24 AM  
    I avoided it too. Everyone deals with things different - no right or wrong way.
  3. Blogger MJ posted at 9:42 AM  
    Sometimes (ok, alot of times) I think the media needs to back off!! It makes my brain hurt trying to cram everything in. Sometimes, less is more! There is a moment of silence for a reason!
  4. Blogger SheKnits posted at 12:00 PM  
    You're not a bitch... or maybe I'm one right there with ya.. either way.. I ditto what everyone above me said. There is no right or wrong way to deal with things.

    Love the socks!
  5. Blogger erica posted at 5:20 PM  
    Not at all. I avoided anything about it. It was a horrendous day for so many people that I don't think we need to dredge up everything again. Let people mourn in peace instead of making it a big media event.
  6. Blogger Teyla posted at 2:47 PM  
    Hey Mel

    No your right this happen 5 years ago and it is still very fresh in everyones memories. If this was done maybe on the 20th or even 30th anniversary it might have been easier to deal with. But I am glad your back to blogging and knitting. Sure missed reading your words. Hope you have a great weekend.

Post a Comment

« Home