Monday, September 04, 2006

Back Again

I'm still here. Well, not here, here on blogspot. But I'm still here. A lot has happened since May when I posted last.

Namely, the biggest thing, I finally moved back out of my parents home. I'm all settled in my new apartment (pictures to come) and Zander is adjusting well.

It's hard to believe that he'll be 3 in just a few short weeks. His speech is getting much better. He was finally "diagnosed" with a speech disorder. Developmental Apraxia of speech. For a mother this is a good feeling and a bad feeling. Speech is hard for him. It may be an ongoing feeling. But it's also nice to know exactly what the problem is. And it's comforting to know that I'm not a bad mom because I couldn't teach my son to talk. He's now singing lots of songs, stringing 2,3, and 4 words together. Can count to 15 (after that he starts making things up). He knows all his colors, and shapes, and most animals and their sounds.

I started knitting again too. Nothing too exciting to show you, but I did pull out the "Home Sweet Home" shawl again. And I still have the cammy socks on the needles. After knitting for several hours on the shawl I'm itching to start a new project. I think it's the cold(er) weather we got this week that really got me back in the knitting swing. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say HI. I'll get some pictures loaded shortly. Hope everyone has been doing well... I'm looking forward to catching up on all the blogs I've been missing out on.

Posted by Melanie at 6:27 PM

6 Comments

  1. Anonymous Kathy posted at 7:09 PM  
    You are alive! Welcome back! :)
  2. Blogger Ruinwen posted at 5:48 AM  
    I'm glad you've been okay! Good to hear from you!

    Ruinwen
    :)
  3. Blogger Nickerjac posted at 7:19 AM  
    Glad all is so well :)
  4. Anonymous tiennie posted at 1:07 AM  
    Been lurking on your blog since I ran across it. So glad you're back and things are going well!
  5. Blogger MJ posted at 9:49 AM  
    Welcome Back! I missed you! I thought maybe "The Boy" kidnapped you - like that would be a bad thing - haha!

    Glad things are working out for ya!
  6. Blogger SheKnits posted at 5:04 PM  
    Mel,

    I was starting to worry. Glad you're ok, doing well and so happy to hear Zander is doing so well.

    Congrats

Post a Comment

« Home