Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home Shawl

The shawl has been blocked and the ends have been woven in.

Here is the completed shawl before blocking:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And after blocking:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It still amazes me what blocking does for knitting. Especially lace. This home sweet home shawl is especially meaningful to me. It's sitting in my new home. The home I had waited a long time for. The home that is truly mine.

Anyway, here are the stats:

What: Home Sweet Home Shawl
Started: Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Finished: Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Yarn: Sock Memories in fly fishing. 5.5 skeins; I really like this yarn and can't wait to use it again.
Needles: size 5 clover bamboo
Lesson: First sucessful lace project. YAY!!! I'm ready to try lace weight yarn again. I really got a lot of fundementals down with knitting this lace project.
Recipient: Mine. All Mine.
Knitting Time: 35 Hours and 54 minutes. So roughly 36 hours.
Pattern Changes. I did 28 repeates instead of 35 as written. I'm tiny. It didn't need to be as long as it was written for.

Posted by Melanie at 2:50 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Knitter C posted at 9:44 PM  
    Beautiful! Job Well Done! If you lived over here in the Pacific NorthWest... you'd be using it today/tonight.
  2. Blogger MJ posted at 11:24 PM  
    Gorgeous!!
    You knit beautifully!
    Blocking is magic!!

Post a Comment

« Home