Saturday, October 14, 2006

I love being wrong

How beautiful is this?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It sewed up beautifully. I made it up to the yoke, so before I couldstart the sleeves I needed to find out what I was doing. turning the hem seemed like an impossibility but I tried it anyway. It hangs beautifully.

Also some news on my raglan cardi.

I managed to finish both of the button bands.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Then to my absolute horror I realized I had miscounted and the 2nd and 3rd button were 3 stitches too close together! RIIPPPP...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The side with the button holes took me 1 hour to knit. The plain side took me 45 minutes. I have only ripped out the side with the button holes, but I think I'm going to redo both sides. I think I needed to pick up two more stitches than I did. One at the top and one at the bottom.

I also started Jenny's Baby's blanket.

Posted by Melanie at 10:59 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Ruinwen posted at 9:55 AM  
    Sorry about the cardi...but I find it knits up faster after you rip it.

    Yeah on the yoke working out so beautifully!

    Ruinwen
    :)
  2. Blogger Knitter C posted at 5:40 PM  
    "Pinkie" Looks BEAUTIFUL!

    Poor Cardi! Hopefully the second time around works better.

    When things go smoothly for me, thats when I know that if I look for a "ruh-roh" Im gonna find one... or five.

    Better luck next time!
  3. Blogger MJ posted at 6:29 PM  
    Yes, poor cardi!
    But the pink sweater looks GREAT!!!

Post a Comment

« Home