Monday, October 09, 2006

I need to quit my day job

... so that I can stay home all day and knit. I've decided this is the only way I'm going to get ANYTHING accomplished EVER!

I took two days of last Thursday & Friday. It was the first two days I've actually scheduled off since I started there December 19th of last year! Any days that I've missed thus far have been due to illness (either myself or Zander). And usually those have just been half days. I always managed to work something out.

Anyway, that's how I was able to get so much knitting accomplished this past weekend. I made the one goal of not doing ANYTHING while off work. Of course, I did do a few things. Grochery shopping, running errands, spending a day with Zander, cleaning, laundry. But every other moment was consumed by knitting and watching movies. I even refused to leave my house and go out with my best friend. I wasn't budging!!! I was knitting damnit!

Anyway, I managed to get the button band and buttons sewn onto my cardigan yesterday. (2 hours of knitting time!) Next is the collar. A lovely lady at my LYS showed me how to do a single(?) chrochet around the collar, but upon further discussion we decided a shallow knit ribbed collar would be the way to go. I think it will still be open enough, but will add a little more stability and shape. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow. I'm not feeling like struggling with picking up stitches tonight.

I showed you that yarn that I bought for my friend's baby blanket the other day. I asked her today to make sure when she was due. 8 more weeks! I thought it was a Christmas baby! I have less time than I thought. I have 5 balls to knit in 8 weeks, which is .625 balls a week. I'd better get busy. The good news is that it's a bulky yarn (knit on size 15 needles) so it should go pretty quickly.

I also did a bit more unpacking tonight. I'm actually mostly unpacked. It seems to be the craft stuff that remains behind in boxes. I came across all my DMC floss. When Nick & I were married if I needed to go out of the house (but didn't have much money to spend-- which was ALWAYS the case) then I'd run up to walmart or A.C. Moore and grab a few dollars worth of embroidery floss to add to the collection. I'd really like to have all of them. I even have a spreadsheet with all the colors on it and how many I have (or don't have) with all of them. I'm such a dork!

Anyway, enough of my inchoerent rambling. I need to get back to knitting.

Posted by Melanie at 8:35 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger MJ posted at 12:06 AM  
    Those are the best kind of days off! To relax, knit and get refreshed! Enjoy!!
  2. Blogger Ruinwen posted at 5:32 AM  
    I'm glad you had some time to yourself. I think it makes a B-I-G difference to do that every once and a while.

    Don't worry just do a little bit on the blanket every day and suddenly it will be done.

    Ruinwen
    :)

Post a Comment

« Home